RLN Meeting Tomorrow at SFPL!

MeetingSFPL

Please join us for our regular monthly meeting from 7 to 8:30pm, Thursday June 9th, at the Ingleside Branch SF Public Library (Plymouth @ Ocean).

 

***Meeting notes added 6/14/16***

Present: neighbors Patricia Ris; Lyn Yuen; Robert Muehlbauer; Moneka Urbanske; Adele Brookman; Constance Adamopoulos; Barbara VanderBorght

Designers Nahal Sohbati and Eric Arneson
Minutes from the May meeting were approved.
Note: Sandra Zuniga is no longer with DPW.  Jonathan Goldberg is our DPW liaison. Thank you Sandra for all your good energy and work on our behalf.  We will miss you and wish you well in your new position.
New Grant Application
At the urging of Sup. Avalos’ office, we applied for an OMI Community Action Grant again this year (with very short notice).  Barbara wrote up the application and delivered it to SFPA.  We asked for $5000 for 5 bollard lighting fixtures for our next segment – #4, the stretch between Caine and San Miguel.  The next step in the process is a brief in person presentation on Friday morning, June 17.
Ridge Lane 1st Segment Update
Nahal and Eric A. met with Suzanne Mendoza of Catmex recently and can report that the trees, larger shrubs and gabion benches will be delivered soon and will be installed before the opening celebration on June 18.
The smaller plants are on hand – awaiting the water meter and irrigation system to be installed.  Patricia reported that the PUC said the water meter would be installed by June 15, after which the irrigation system will go in.
Patricia will ask Suzanne to let us know when this happens, so both Nahal and Eric can plan to be there for the planting, as well as any Ridge Lane neighbor volunteers who would like to participate
It is hoped that the lighting bollards will be delivered and installed before June 18th as well.
Nahal will send Lane plan drawings to Robert M. which can then be laminated and posted on the lovely notice board which has been installed at the Howth end of the Lane.
Opening Celebration Planning
SPEAKERS/VIPS: We are expecting notables Supervisor John Avalos; DPW Chief Mohammed Nuru and possibly Assemblyman Phil Ting. We would like them to have an opportunity to speak briefly to the group, as well as hearing from Robert M., representing RLN; Julia Brashares for SF Parks Alliance and Heather Clendenin on behalf of AAU.  Patricia will approach each of these folks and work out a schedule.  Speeches shouldn’t take up more than 20 minutes or so.
FOOD AND SET UP: Constance offered to organize and coordinate the food and supplies. She will supply 3 tables, table coverings, plates, bowls, utensils, beverages (other than coffee, which Robert and Moneka will provide) and decorations.  She also has a small battery operated PA system, which it might be good to have on hand.  She will shop for bagels and spreads.
Patricia will bring strawberries. Nahal and Eric will bring other fruit (grapes, peaches, blueberries, mandarins, eg). unless Constance finds good choices at Costco.
Moneka will bake scones.
Lynn will bring dim sum and plastic cups.
Robert will bring folding chairs.
Others are encouraged to bring something yummy to add to the offerings, and we need more folding chairs.
Please let Constance know what you plan to provide, and if you can help with setup beforehand and/or cleanup afterward: 415 203.2138 or at constance@organizedchaos.com
“RIBBON’ CUTTING: Robert M. will ask Frances in Sup. Avalos’ office to be sure to bring the ceremonial scissors.
Our “ribbon” will be a stretch of butcher paper with our name on it.  Constance will provide the paper, Barbara will do the lettering.
PUBLICITY:  We will flyer the neighborhood.  Sup. Avalos included the event in his recent newsletter.  Patricia will post on Next Door and contact OMI groups.
Robert will invite the top  candidates in the race for the District 11 supervisor’s seat.  (Sup. Avalos has termed out).
Adele will contact the Ingleside Light to ask the to cover the event.
Eric A. will take photos.
Flyer distribution:
Caine and the neighborhood libraries: Barbara
San Miguel and Margaret:  Lynn
Majestic and Tara: Robert and Moneka
Lakeview: Adele
Louisberg, Josiah and Howth: Patricia
The next meeting will be on Thursday, July 14, at 7pm. most likely at the Ingleside Library
SEE YOU ALL AT OUR OPENING CELEBRATION, SATURDAY JUNE 18, FROM 10 – 12NOON!!

One response to “RLN Meeting Tomorrow at SFPL!

  1. Hello all.

    I won’t be able to make it to either the 9th or the 18th as I will be out of town on both times.

    Great to see all of the forward motion on this!

    Best,
    Heather Clendenin
    School of Landscape Architecture
    Academy of Art University

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s