Please join us Thursday evening for our regular monthly meeting:
Date: Thursday, July 14th: 7-8:30pm
At SFPL Ocean / Plymouth
***Meeting notes added 7/22***
In Attendance: Neighbors Mary Beth D’Alonzo; Moneka Urbanske; Robert Muehlbauer; Scott Kauffman; Lynn Yuan; Patricia Ris; Barbara VanderBorght
- Grand Opening photos can be found on the Ridge Lane FaceBook page. Also there is an article about the event in the July/August edition of the Ingleside Light.
- It was mentioned that the RLN Facebook page needs to be updated. Perhaps Eric M. could do this.
- Patricia showed a certificate received from Phil Ting and passed around a thank you card for all to sign to give to Lenita Henriquez who was unintentionally overlooked in our acknowledgements during the Grand Opening ceremony. She was involved in seeing that our money made a smooth transition from the City to SFPA under the auspices of the Community Challenge Grant.
- Installation arrangements for the drip irrigation system have not yet been made with Urban Farmer.
- Patricia and Scott are currently watering the plantings with an onsite hose 3 times a week. It is a somewhat time consuming process. Patricia will be out of town in August and someone else is needed to take this on with Scott. Some people expressed an interest in installing the drip system as a volunteer project.
- Barbara announced that she has signed up for a Water in the Landscape Class being held at the SF Urban Farmer Store on Saturday, July 16. Besides learning about drip systems, perhaps this would also be a good time to make contact with the very busy Tom Bressan, or someone else there who could help us get started on our project. [Note: Barbara was unable to go, but Patricia, Lynn and Scott did attend. There is another class being offered on August 6 – see their website for info]
- We should focus on the building of the staircase. We will need an estimate of the work needed, a work plan, drawings and time line.
- We have the drawings from Nahal’s original plans. We (The Steering Committee) need to look at the drawings to fine tune somewhat what we want to see. Then the drawings need to go to Jonathan to be vetted. This should take about 2 weeks. Then we would need to go to a design/build firm like Cat Mex for an estimate.
- In addition, we will need to keep track of our volunteer hours (at $12 an hour). Constance should invoice us for her catering services at the Grand Opening.
- We can have various people involved in the grant process – each question can be handled by a different person
- Bonnie can help us with the process.
- We will need to have community buy-in. Eg., We’ll need to submit the sign in sheets form our meetings
- Patricia announced that she is stepping down from being the primary point person for this next phase (including scheduling the Library meeting room for our monthly meetings).
- Someone who lives closer to this section should take on these duties.
- It was suggested that Warren might be a good choice. Lynn will ask him.
- Mary Beth and Barbara offered to be more involved and share the duties with someone (or two) else.
- Thursday does not work well for members anymore.
- A Tuesday or Wednesday evening during the 3rd week of the month. The first week of the month is also a possibility. What works best for people?