Monthly Meeting Tuesday Night at the Library!

Please join us for our regular monthly meeting Tuesday evening, 7-8:30 pm at the SF Public Library, Ingleside Branch, Ocean @ Plymouth.

Agenda:

1.) Vacant lot Thrift and Summit – Marissa
2.) Encroachment: boundary marker resolutions?
3.) Outcomes of meeting with Suzanne
4.) Contract-signing with CatMex
5.) Kiosk
6.) DPW notices to home owners
7.) What else needs to be done for Suzanne to begin work?
8.) Water meter
9.) Dog waste containers (Mary Beth)
10.) CCG and time recording

 

***Notes Added 5/24***

May 2, 2017 – 7:00p

 

Attendees:  Neighbors: Danielle Casey Callaghan; Warren Longmire; Patricia Ris; Scott Kauffman; Moneka Urbanske; Lynn Yuen;Marissa Alexander: SFPA; Julia Brashares: SF Public

 

Meeting was held at the Ingleside Branch of the SF Public Library.  Warren chaired the meeting

T-shirt update: 

– Sold 22 shirts, gave one to Ahsha, have 77 left.
– Have recouped costs ($440!).
– This first amount will go to Nahal. Any other money that comes in can be deposited with Marissa at monthly meeting.
– Lynn is storing the extras.Vacant Lot at Thrift and Summit:

– Located at Thrift and Summit, next to #2 Thrift.

– DPW owns part of the lot, but also partly owned by a real estate division where it swells out down the hill.
– Owner (Jesse Flores, new owner) of #2 Thrift wants to know if he can buy lot or do any improvement projects- he is concerned about public parking right next to his house, and they smoke and light off fireworks.
– Julia and Marissa have talked to him about his concerns and options and DPW has put up some temporary barricades.
– (This is a different piece then where Gonzalo wants to start a project.)
– Owner does use weed killer and pull plants. Patricia says it’s beautiful and there are a lot of butterflies, shouldn’t destroy plants just because new owner demands it. She cleans up the site very frequently.
– Parks Alliance sees it as good site, bringing out Clean and Green crew on May 20 (9a-11:30a) — inviting all RLN crew to stop by to say hi and converse with the owner a bit. 

Outcomes of meeting with Suzanne/Contract/Kiosk/What else needs to be done/Water Meter:

– Good meeting but nothing has happened since. Scott talked to Suzanne this afternoon and she is ready to sign contract. Marissa and Scott will hopefully complete contract this week (need info from Suzanne still). Scott didn’t bring up kiosk today but will discuss soon (Suzanne had said it would go up two weeks ago.)

–  Thinking groundbreaking party around June 1. (Update later in the evening: Maybe we should make this a “progress party” part way into the project instead given everyone’s schedules. There was also discussion about doing a separate, smaller event when the kiosk goes up.)
–  PUC needs to coordinate water meter installation; Scott will mention this to Suzanne too. Side note: Patricia met with Melissa Whitehouse, there may be space for a third water meter on parcel 2, can talk about with Ahsha.
–  Once contract is signed, Marissa needs to check in with Lenita (sp?) to get it cleared (check CatMex contacts, etc) but anticipates no problems. 

DPW notices to home owners: 

– Tell Julia when the contract has dates and DPW will send out notice to neighbors. Will say 8 weeks of work to be on safe side. Scott will check in with Julia after his conversation with Suzanne regarding anticipated start date. 

Other updates:

– Scott and Patricia update: recent City wide meeting with the Mayor was good, lots of attendance from District 11 which is getting praise for involvement. Larry Stringer (top operations person that Julia reports to) told Julia that he met Patricia at the meeting, she and Julia have both explained that they need his help for another mark at 55 Ridge. He will talk to Jerry, head of BSM. Mohammed is back from vacation. Julia knows she needs to talk to Mohammed and is trying to do so. Suzanne knows Mohammed, so maybe once we have a signed contract, she can put pressure on him.
–  Julia update: funding that is coming through Ahsha’s involvement – Julia met Mike Pickford – Transportation Planner with SF County Transportation Authority. RLN is fiscally managed by Parks Alliance, but SFCTA cannot give to a non-profit. He asked if DPW would be willing to be the fiscal manager if this money were to come through? Julia got answer from DPW finance folks that this could work (and DPW would subcontract). He was vague about numbers but said that it won’t be as high as $500-600k, that was way out of the ballpark. Would fund parcel 3+.
–  Patricia has tools from Planting Day in garage, will drop them off to Julia. Dropped off seed bombs to nearby “Slanted and Enchanted” preschool and the owner was thrilled. Looking at partnership as great opportunity for kids to use the space.
– Lynn talked to owner (of 55 Ridge Lane?) and he asked for the construction to not touch the roses. Will mention to Nahal and Erik and see if the roses can remain untouched. (Unsure if the roses are on public or private land)
Marissa reminded everyone about Brick and Mortar Thursday, May 4. Recommends getting in around 5:15/5:30, but if running late, try to get there by 6:30 to not miss event. Don’t forget to thank Lenita (sp?) and Ahsha!
–  Next meeting: June 6, 2017. 7:00p at Ingleside Library. Warren and Scott won’t be at June 6 meeting. Patricia will send reminder and put together the agenda. Scott will order key for library and let Patricia know about picking it up.
1.) Vacant lot Thrift and Summit – Marissa

2.) Encroachment: boundary marker resolutions?

3.) Outcomes of meeting with Suzanne

4.) Contract-signing with CatMex

5.) Kiosk

6.) DPW notices to home owners

7.) What else needs to be done for Suzanne to begin work?

8.) Water meter

9.) Dog waste containers (Mary Beth)

10.) CCG and time recording

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s