Regular Monthly Meeting Tonight at SF Public Library / Ridge Lane Neighbors

You’re invited…

What: Ridge Lane Neighbors Monthly Meeting
When: Tuesday, Oct 3rd, from 7:00-8:30PM
Where: Ingleside Public Library, 1298 Ocean Avenue (at Plymouth Avenue), San Francisco, CA 94112

AGENDA
1. Welcome
2. Approval Minutes
3. Monthly updates:
– SF Parks Alliance
– DPW
– Contractors
– Grant applications
– Next Ridge Lane clean up/community event
– Other ongoing issues
– Your concerns
4. Closing

We hope to see you there!

 

***Notes Added 10/12/17***

In Attendance:

Neighbors: Lynn Yuen; Patricia Ris; Robert Ramirez; Warren Longmire; Danielle Callaghan; Kristin Casey; Kim Connor; Scott Kauffman; Robert Muehlbauer; Moneka Muehlbauer; Barbara VanderBorght
Designers: Nahal Sobahti; Eric Arneson
SFPA: Marissa Alexander
DISCUSSION: What happened and where do we go from here??
After multiple delays, misinformation, non deliverance of promised work and general non responsiveness over the past few months, SFPA has sent notice to CatMex to terminate our contract with them to do any work on our project.
And Going Forward:
  • We need to find a new contractor.  Someone else will no doubt cost more than what CatMex bid.  It was suggested and agreed that we could make up some of the difference by doing more volunteer time for the planting and irrigations systems. Perhaps neighbors who are contractors would be willing to do some of the smaller construction, such as installing the bollards, etc.
  • Our primary focus/goal is to get a staircase built on Parcel 4, since that is the most critical safety issue.
  • We have approximately $200,000 available for Parcel 4, although some of that was to go into Parcel 3 as well.  This may no longer be possible. However, Marissa reported that Lanita at CCG knows of our situation and offered to help us find more funding, should that be necessary.
  • Our CCG has a deadline of 18 months from the start date of April 1, 2017.
  • Marissa has found one contractor (LMNOP – they are primarily a design company who work with subcontractors) who is interested in the project and could start sooner rather than later.  We are waiting for a bid from them.
  • When that bid comes in, Marissa will send it to the group via email and then we will set up a conference call for discussion and approval, so that the process can move on as quickly as possible.
  • If anyone knows of possible suitable contractors, please have them get in touch with Marissa.  They have to meet CCG standards, not City and County of SF.
  • If LMNOP does not work out, we will start the RFP process again to get new bids.
  • As for our property that is being stored by CatMex, (13 light bollards; 2 dog waste stations and separate bag supplies), the Contract Termination Letter stated that we would expect to pick it up within 30 days.  DPW will do the pick up and deliver materials to those neighbors who indicated they could store them.  NOTE: the pickup was arranged for October 11, but CatMex stated they would not release our materials untll they were paid storage fees.This now has to go to SFPA legal advisors ..
OCTOBER 14 CLEAN UP DAY (10am-12noon)
  • We will be going ahead with this proposed event, focusing on replacing dead plants on Parcel 1 and cleaning up the rest of the Lane.
  • Nahal will design a flyer, which SFPA will print and make available to neighbors to distribute.
  • Patricia will contact Julia with a desired tool list and request for gloves and plastic bags.
  • Scott will post to NextDoor.
  • Eric M. will post on website and Facebook.
  • Midway in the cleanup, someone needs to call 311 to ask for a pick up of the bags we’ll be filling.  Be sure to tell them we are a community group doing a public area cleanup, where the bags will be and how many there will be. 
NEW – MONTHLY CLEANUP DAY
Moneka suggested we have a regular monthly cleanup to keep the Lane clean; increase our visibility; get more neighbors involved; increase our grant attractiveness.  It was agreed that we will do this every second Saturday from 10-11am.  Not all members are expected to come every month, but someone from RLN should be there.  Patricia will be asking for extra bags and gloves.  Neighbors can bring the own tools.  A separate flyer will be made for this.
OTHER BUSINESS
Danielle reminded us that the volunteer hours for July, August and September are due on October 15, so please be sure to post them.  She enters the time for those who attend the monthly meetings
Patricia asked us to consider installing a low twig type fence along both sides of the paved path to discourage dog owners from allowing their dogs to have free run of the planted area.
NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, November 7 at 7pm in the Ingleside Library Meeting Room.
Respectfully submitted,
Barbara vanderBorght

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s