Ridge Lane Neighbors Meeting Tomorrow Evening at SFPL

We will be holding our regular monthly meeting at the SF Public Library, Plymouth @ Ocean, Tuesday evening, March 6th, from 7 – 8:30pm.

AGENDA
1. Welcome
2. Approval Minutes
3. Monthly updates:
– SF Parks Alliance
– DPW
– Contractors
– Grant applications
– Other ongoing issues
– Your concerns
4. Closing

We hope to see you there!

***Meeting notes added 3/13***

In Attendance: Neighbors Patricia Ris; Mary Beth D’Alonzo; Warren Longmire; Robert Muehlbauer: Moneka Urbanske; Scott Kauffman; Kristin Casey-Callaghan; Danielle Casey-Callaghan; Barbara VanderBorght

Public Works: Julia Brashares
Joining by phone: Marissa Alexander, SFPA and Designers Nahal Sohbati and Eric Arneson
PREPARATION for Meeting with LMNOP to be held on Tuesday, March 13 at 6:30pm at the SFPA Office
Evaluation of the Value Engineering Options:
1. Limit soil and rock removal/regrade into land forms.  Savings: $11,138
    We need to find out where exactly they will be cutting, and where filling – if and how will this affect the integrity of the design
2. Replace gabion retaining walls with wood, and backfill with site material.   Savings: $13, 923
     All agreed that wood is not a good idea and we would like to consider concrete, if that is less $$ than gabion
3. Reduce concrete to single finish and remove stair nosings.  Savings: $7,644
     Probably ok to go with single finish, as long as not slippery on stairs, and doesn’t ruin continuity of design thoughout the length of the project.  Stair nosings are part of ADA requirements, and protect the steps from chipping, so need to keep them
4. Bend hand railing and                                                                           Savings: up to $6,795
5. Substitute tube stock for flat stock railing.  Mutually exclusive to #4.
     Need clarification on this
6. Purchase bollards    Savings: $9,929
     We already have these.  Not a problem
7.  Landscaping – Plants not purchased and work not done by LMNOP.  Savings: $8,873
      Group felt we could acquire plants, hopefully through donations, and do planting ourselves, with some supervision.
      Marissa will look into whether Ahsha and FUF could provide the 2 trees that are needed
Additional savings points:
  • The neighbor’s fence does not need to be replaced – only moved.  Not sure there is 80 feet worth.  Need reestimate on cost of this, as it should not then be $10,836
  • Irrigation and back flow preventer.  We most likely have a PUC Grant for this – Patricia will check into status of this.  Also unsure that this would be done as part of Parcel 4 work, as it will be placed on Parcel 3.  Savings: $15.152
  • Gabion benches can be acquired from AAU, which is holding them for us and reduced (or no?) cost. Savings: up to $4,953
  • Interpretive Signs: Can we build ourselves?
  • Trash Receptacles:  We can purchase ourselves, or better yet, get a City regulation receptacle at top of Caine, which can be emptied by the City.  Julia will look into.  Savings: up to $2,966
To be added:
LMNOP needs to install sleeving (?) for irrigation tubing to go under the concrete. Cost: $?
What do they know about whether the PG&E pole that needs anchoring, and who would do that?
At this point, it looks as though Warren, MaryBeth, Nahal and Eric A. will be attending the March 13 meeting.
Marissa asked for a contact from the neighborhood who would be the point person at the worksite and liaison with LMNOP.  Mary Beth and Warren offered to do this.  Barbara offered to be a back up.
BUDGET
We currently have $162,000 on hand.  It was noted that we no longer seem to get statements of our account, which would be helpful. Perhaps Marissa could send these out.
In a meeting Marissa had with Sup. Safai, he said he should be able to get us from $20-30,000, but we won’t know this until May or June.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Marissa: A new contract with SFPA will need to be drawn up and signed soon.
Patricia:  March 24 is the deadline for requesting trees be planted on your street
Danielle:  Volunteer hours for January, February and March are due on April 15.  Make sure any time spent on RLN related matters is entered.
On a related note – we should count the hours of the additional volunteers who took part on our February work day.  Also, determine storage fees for the bollards as an in-kind donation.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, April 3 at 7:00pm at the Ingleside Library, unless otherwise notified.
Respectfully submitted,
Barbara

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s