RLN Meeting at SFPL Tuesday, March 5th, 7pm

Ridge Lane Neighbors will be holding our regular monthly meeting at the SF Public Library, Plymouth @ Ocean, Tuesday night, March 5th, from 7 – 8:30pm.

AGENDA
1. Welcome
2. Approval Minutes
3. Monthly updates:
– SF Parks Alliance
– DPW
– Contractors
– Grant applications
– Other ongoing issues
– Your concerns
4. Closing

We hope to see you there!

***Meeting Notes added 3/21***

In attendance:  Neighbors:Warren, Mary Beth, Scott and Barbara

SFPA: Marissa
SF Public Works Update
Julia Brashares has left Public Works.  Our new (temporary) liaison will be Ramses Alvarez.  His contact info: ramses.alvarez@sfdpw.  Phone: 415.641.2349.
We have enjoyed working with Julia since the beginning of this project, first at SFPA, then DPW.  We will miss her and wish her the best in her future endeavors.
Parcel 4 Update
LMNOP has submitted a bid to finish the work!  Including landscaping, but not signage or garbage cans, it comes to $165,852.  (The previous quote to finish construction was for $63,444, but this was before having to meet City requirements, and didn’t include landscaping). NOTE: Marissa sent out the budget breakdown in email of 3/15
Our Project Manager at LMNOP has changed.  Ian has left, we are now working with Tyler Pew, who is one of the owners.
We had some questions/concerns which Marissa will look into and get back to us on:
Will the railing included in the estimate be the original railing in Nahal’s plan. or the less expensive alternative chose to meet financial constraints (which now no longer exist).
Confirm that LMNOP will bolt in the cement base for one bollard on Parcel 1, as previously agreed upon
Would the new Green Infrastructure Grant offered by PUC be appropriate for us?  What would it cover?
Do we need to apply for a new Water Meter grant?  Ae there any rebates included in that grant. This will affect what LMNOP will cover in irrigation.  It was not thought that they would be handling the Grant – that will be up to us.
NOTE:  Marissa sent us an email (3/15) responding to these questions:
  • The landscaping line item is inclusive of plant purchase
  • The railing is not the value engineered option, it is the original design, as requested
  • Tyler will make sure the extra bollard on Parcel 1 is accounted for
  • As requested, they will replace the slates on the fence rather than re-using the old slates since they are a bit old by now
  • Neither Tyler nor Ian has any knowledge of the water meter info being handed off to Ian. As a reminder, we need to have a Ridge Lane Neighbor step up and take a lead on this. We need irrigation in before planting and the water meter will take a few months to coordinate.
We confirmed that we will put the water meter for Parcel 4 on Parcel 4, not a shared meter between 3 and 4 to be placed on Parcel 3 as originally configured.  Do we need to have Nahal re-situate it on the plans?
Barbara encountered a group (Planet Drum) doing an Urban Coastal Prairies Project.  She will look into this further to see if they might want to partner with us.
Time Frame/Next Steps
Marissa and Tyler will put together a contract which will then have to go through various City approval processes.  This might take 2-3 months, then come to us for signatures (Warren and Mary Beth).
Other
Barbara attended the SFPA daylong Partner Conference on March 2.  A summary will come out later.
Next Meeting: 
Tuesday, April 2 at 7:00 at the Ingleside Branch Library, unless otherwise notified

One response to “RLN Meeting at SFPL Tuesday, March 5th, 7pm

  1. Hello Ridge Lane Neighbors.

    Hope this finds you all well and that everything regarding Ridge Lane is proceeding forward with positive energy!

    Thanks for keeping me on your mailing list.

    All the best,
    Heather

    Heather Clendenin, PLA
    Online Director
    School of Landscape Architecture
    Academy of Art University
    2801 Leavenworth Street
    The Cannery, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94107 

    415.225.9288 direct
    Hclendenin@academyart.edu
    http://www.academyart.edu

    Follow Us!
    Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Web

    From: Ridge Lane Neighbors
    Reply-To: Ridge Lane Neighbors
    Date: Monday, March 4, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    To: “Clendenin, Heather”
    Subject: [New post] RLN Meeting at SFPL Tuesday, March 5th, 7pm

    Eric M-RidgeLaneAdmin posted: ” Ridge Lane Neighbors will be holding our regular monthly meeting at the SF Public Library, Plymouth @ Ocean, Tuesday night, March 5th, from 7 – 8:30pm. AGENDA 1. Welcome 2. Approval Minutes 3. Monthly updates: – SF Parks Alliance – DPW – Cont”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s