RLN Meeting at SFPL Tuesday, July 9th, 7:00 pm

Hello Neighbors,

Due to the 4th of July holiday, we are pushing the monthly meeting out a week until Tuesday July 9th, 7-8:30pm, SFPL.

AGENDA
1. Welcome
2. Approval Minutes
3. Monthly updates:
– SF Parks Alliance
– DPW
– Contractors
– Grant applications
– Other ongoing issues
– Your concerns
4. Closing

We hope to see you there!

 

**meeting notes added 7/31**

In Attendance:  Neighbors: Scott Kauffman; Moneka Urbanske; Russell Deweese: Lynn Yuan; Warren Longmire; Barbara VanderBorght

SFPA: Marissa Alexander;  Designers: Nahal Sohbati and Eric Arneson
Parcel 4 Update
We finally have official approval from the City, and the contract was signed on July 8.
Start date from LMNOP should be July 29.  Need confirmation from LMNOP – Marissa will let us know.
They will be doing the infrastructure, including the the irrigation system (and incorporating the installation of the water meter by the PUC).
Landscaping will come approximately 3 months later – hopefully staring sometime in October.
It was noted that during this hiatus from work on the project, the concrete stairs have been graffitied and the wooden steps have been modified for people to use the Lane behind the fence, somewhat unsafely.
Should we put up a sign indicating that work will begin soon – perhaps including a date, if we have complete confirmation of the start date?  It was thought that LMNOP should put up this Coming Soon type sign.  Marissa will talk to them about it.  They will also have to deal with the graffiti and making the site more secure.
Once the infrastructure work begins, it should be completed in about 6 weeks – so mid September?  Time for a party!?!
Parcel 3 Development
Moneka will ask Robert to send out an email regarding any news about the development plans.
It was noted that someone cut down all the growth on the lot -but left the cut dry grass/plants strewn around – making it less safe than before, both from a fire and walking on the path standpoint.  This is till the case.  It appears that they are moving ahead, as various people have been by to do various things connected to the building project…where do things stand?
Parcel 1 Maintenance needs
One of the slats on a bench is broken – we should be able to replace that.
One of the bollard lights’ top cap is missing.  Nahal said we can get that from our supplier.  Scot offered to pay for the replacement, since apparently all our non-City fund balance went to paying off LMNOP to cover a shortage (?).
The timing device on our irrigation system may need new batteries.
I’m unsure who is taking care of these issues – ?
NEN Neighbor Fest
Moneka reported that NEN is offering to help neighborhoods navigate through City requirements to put on community events/Block Parties.
We would need to know what the time frame in which this would have to happen….thinking it would be good to have a party when Parcel 4 is ready to open (sometime in September?).  A brief discussion on what we could do to make it fun for families, what would our theme be – maybe have activities relating to the habitat for the  Pipevine Swallowtail we are developing on the Lane.
Moneka will look into this further and get back to us.
Next Meeting
Tuesday, August 6 at 7:00pm at the Ingleside Branch (unless otherwise notified).
Respectfully Submitted,
Barbara VanderBorght