RLN Meeting at SFPL Tonight, August 6th, 7:00 pm

Hello Neighbors,

The August meeting of RLN is tonight, August 6th, 7-8:30pm at SF Public Library, Plymouth @ Ocean.

AGENDA
1. Welcome
2. Approval Minutes
3. Monthly updates:
– SF Parks Alliance
– DPW
– Contractors
– Grant applications
– Other ongoing issues
– Your concerns
4. Closing

We hope to see you there!

 

***minutes added 8/15***

In Attendance:  Neighbors Robert Muehlbauer; Moneka Urbanske; Lynn Yuan; Scott Kauffman; Warren Longmire; Spencer Charlton; Barbara VanderBorght

Parcel 3 Development Update
Robert reiterated that he was informed that a proposal was formally submitted to the Planning Dept. 3 months ago.  The developer was supposed to meet with the Planning Dept. on July 17, but no communication has been forthcoming regarding that meeting or any other news.
Robert will contact the developer to ask about what happened at that meeting, and also to get confirmation on what he plans to do with the houses, as there has been some confusion about what was heard at our only public meeting – we believe he plans to rent them, but there is a question about whether they will be low income (Section 8, for example) rentals, perhaps to offset a market rate building project in another part of the City.  Clarification on this would be most appreciated.
Parcel 4 Update
From Marisa’s email: more requirements needed to be met which held things up again.  The new projected start date is August 19?
It was felt that perhaps we need to establish a personal connection with LMNOP and let them know how important it is that they get going on this project.  Warren will make the initial call, then let us know what transpires and whether more of us should make calls to them.
It was also suggested that perhaps we should start lobbying politicians – eg Mayor Breed, and DPW department head.  Perhaps Sandra Zuniga could give us some ideas about how best to proceed – who would like to follow through on either of these avenues? 
Parcel 1 Update
Scott ordered a replacement light for the one taken off one of our bollards, and it should be on its way.  NOTE:  since our meeting, unfortunately 3 more lights have been removed – we need to come up with a plan on how to deal with this.
Neighborhood Block Party
Moneka has learned more about the process being offered by NEN.  There are several dates available in September, October and November.  We can google Neighborfest SF to read more about it and see which available

dates seem good for us to have an event on Parcel 1.  Having it there means we wouldn’t have to go through the process of having a street shut down, nor have to depend on Parcel 4 being finished – plus it’s easier to have it on a level stretch of Lane.  Moneka sees the purpose to create more community connection in the neighborhood, including who might need help in an emergency, as well as raising awareness of what we are doing to improve Ridge Lane.
Moneka has offered to host.   Please take a look at the website (empowers.org/neighborfest) and offer opinions, suggestions.
Next Meeting:  September 3 at 7:00pm at Ingleside Library, unless otherwise notified.
Respectfully submitted,
Barbara VanderBorght

One response to “RLN Meeting at SFPL Tonight, August 6th, 7:00 pm

  1. Good morning,

    I’ll miss tonight and next month as I’m taking the NERT training. I’ll watch for notes to catch up and hope to see some of you for NERT too. In the meantime, see you around the neighborhood. Mary Beth

Comments are closed.